It is very rare to find a New York City business lawyer that won’t face a commercial litigation action at some point. But the best way to win a commercial lawsuit is to anticipate problems before they begin and hire an NYC commercial litigation lawyer.
Developing a relationship with an attorney in advance of adverse action is one of the best steps you can take to protect your company and assets.
Protecting Your Company
Every business owner should spend some time discussing the best ways to eliminate litigation and liability risks. It’s also a good idea to ensure that you are not taking any actions which could pierce the corporate veil, exposing your personal assets in the event of a lawsuit.
There are simple ways to protect yourself of course, such as filing separate tax returns, keeping a separate bank account, and ensuring your records are in good, proper order and at last hiring a business litigation lawyer in NYC.
But there are other ways to create liability. The law is complex, and it is easy to make mistakes in this regard. Seemingly innocuous, innocent actions can create legal issues later down the line.
Doing so can save you a great deal of money. Every step you take to prevent a lawsuit is money you don’t have to spend defending yourself against one.
Navigating Lawsuits – Attorney for commercial disputes
Reducing liability is not a barrier to the lawsuit(s) being filed. Business lawsuits are so common that anticipating them and managing them is just another part of running your company, as vital to your operations as product creation, logistics, operations, or customer service.
Lawsuits can come from a number of different sources:
- From customers, when they believe a product or service has harmed, injured, or failed them.
- From employees, when they feel they’ve been discriminated against, wrongfully terminated, or harassed.
- From vendors or partners who attempt to breach contracts with you, or who accuse you of breaching them.
- From anyone who gets hurt while on your property, through an act of alleged negligence, or collides with a company vehicle.
- From investors who believe you have failed to protect their interests and investment returns.
- When your partners, officers, or board members have a dispute with you.
Even companies who act in good faith at all times can become embroiled in these types of lawsuits.
Commercial Litigation Law Firm in New York
Submit this form to have your case reviewed by our attorney.
Meet Mr. Richman
SCOTT B. RICHMAN, ESQ.
Mr. Richman is the Managing Member and Founder of Richman Law Firm PLLC. In his role as Managing Member, Mr. Richman oversees the day-to-day operations of the firm and handles the litigation of the most complex legal matters across a vast array of practice areas and disciplines.